We are always accepting applications to hire new servers, hosts, and bartenders. Please email email@example.com with your desired position and resume to be considered.
Jobs & Internships
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume.
PRIMARY ASSISTANT TO THE BOOKING TEAM
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Finalize and send show confirmation memos to artists after their date has been confirmed. This includes summarizing details and next actionable steps, as well as verifying that all correct details are entered into the internal booking calendar.
- Assist in disseminating show information and artist questions to the appropriate venue team members.
- Assist end-to-end with all booking functions to ensure a successful show and artist experience.
- Have a strong understanding of the artists being booked.
TICKET LINK AND ONLINE EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Collect all relevant information about an event so that it can be published online.
- Create the event and ticket link in our ticketing platform, See Tickets.
- Add the event to our website (WordPress).
- Manage and update ticket links, as needed.
- Process ticket refunds.
EMAIL LIST MANAGEMENT
- Create email blasts through the venue’s marketing platform/email server.
- Help with daily marketing tasks
- Posts to Instagram (feed + stories)
- Ticket counts
- Artist check-in/promo tracking
- Answer all customer inquiries received through the venue website
- Minimum 10:00 – 6:00 weekdays
- Must be extremely detail oriented and well organized
- Must be capable of handling a high volume of daily emails
- Must be very capable with respect to both verbal and written communication
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a problem solver
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and music discovery tools.
- Understanding of WordPress.
- Understanding (or interest in learning) basic Photoshop skills
- 2-4 years of experience in the music business.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- music business: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Time: 4 nights a week
Rockwood Music Hall is searching for a full time Floor/Operations Manager. The person in this role will oversee the nightly operations of the venue. The preferred candidate will have 5+ years of experience managing a bar, restaurant, and/or music venue.
This position is located at the venue in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Remote applications will not be considered.
- Open the venue and prepare for nighttime operations
- Set nightly objectives; manage and focus staff
- Ensure that patrons are receiving good and timely service
- Manage inventory throughout the night
- Ensure quality and safety controls are followed
- Increase sales and maximize customer satisfaction
- Work with artists and artists’ management to ensure a successful event from doors to close
- Work with security personal to ensure a safe environment
- Train staff to provide quality service to patrons
- Assist in staff scheduling
- Oversee all aspects of daily operations
- 5+ years Restaurant/Bar/Music Venue experience
- Must be able to work with a diverse set of personalities
- Must be comfortably diffusing tense situations and resolving conflicts
- Must be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently.
- Must be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable with basic math and money calculations
- Must pay high attention to details
- Familiarity with Toast POS
- Willingness and ability to work nights weekends and holidays
To apply, please send your resume & a brief description of your relevant experience, plus why you are interested in the position to email@example.com, with “Application: Floor Manager” in the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rockwood Music Hall is committed to creating a diverse work environment for all of our team members. Thanks for your interest!