We are always accepting applications to hire new servers, hosts, and bartenders. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired position and resume to be considered.
Jobs & Internships
This exciting position offers a unique opportunity to gain real world experience in marketing & communications within the live music world. The internship will also touch on aspects of talent buying and venue management.
Past interns have gone on to work for such event & music companies as Spotify, Superfly, Mom+Pop Records, C3 Presents, LiveNation, Capitol Records & more. The intern will report directly to the venue’s Marketing Director.
This position is unpaid. You must be able to provide proof of school credit from an accredited university. This position is available from January through May – exact dates are flexible.
This position is located at the venue in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Remote applications will not be considered.
- Help organize and upkeep Google docs for event marketing and venue marketing campaigns
- Determine budgets + curate & execute creative marketing campaigns, and contribute innovative & actionable ideas
- Create & monitor campaign advertising budgets
- Monitor sales goals & marketing analytics
- Assist with graphics, gifs, and video content to market individual & series events
- Assist with press releases & e-mail blasts to targeted segments
- Update artist Spotify links and playlist weekly
- Research upcoming events to determine proper targeting & messaging voice
- Monitor the venue’s social media accounts
- Create social media content and schedules for Rockwood events & assist with social media paid advertising
- Collect social media statistics
- Other duties, projects, and events as assigned
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Masters program at an accredited college or university
- Must be 18 years or older and have sophomore standing or above
- Commit to work a minimum of 20 hours or 3 days per week from our Manhattan-based office, on a part-time basis, plus regularly attend Rockwood events throughout the week.
- Able to receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting assignment
- Familiarity with current social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter & Instagram, as well as, Facebook Business Manager/Ads Manager & modern marketing techniques
- Strong familiarity with Mailchimp
- Proficient in Microsoft software, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of graphic & video design, and photo editing software, particularly the Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e Photoshop and InDesign)
- Experience with G-Suite, Google Ads & Analytics
- Must be a self-motivated, flexible team player and able to work in a fast-paced & creative environment
- Passionate about live music and music discovery. Knowledgeable of its latest trends
- Previous music industry experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Eventbrite on a professional level a plus.
To apply, please send your resume & a brief description of your relevant experience, plus why you are interested in interning at Rockwood Music Hall to email@example.com, with “Application: Venue Marketing & Communications Internship – Summer 2020” in the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rockwood Music Hall is committed to creating a diverse work environment for all of our team members. Thanks for your interest!